Monday, April 30, 2012

Broken Wire On Wine-Gard MV3500A Antenna



Lead-in wire broken flush at body of elevation limit switch [RP-CBSW].  Most probably due to incorrect insulation strip at time of switch assembly resulting in nicking of one or more of conductor strands, followed by vibration  fatigue failure.
Dome is light gray so I do not know whether the “Movin’ View” antenna is MV3500A or MV3535A.
If you can provide a close-up photo or diagram of the elevation limit switch showing switch orientation in place on the antenna frame or comment on the illustrations below I’d appreciate it as I failed to note it prior to removal of the switch. 

I think it’s oriented this way if viewed from LBNF toward REFLECTOR.
Is this correct?

I'll call to order a replacement RP-CBSW Monday morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment